Thursday 31 July 2014


I WANT TO KEEP DUCKS….!



Do any of you keep ducks?





My good friend Amanda does, and every time I visit her and see them, I think of how much I would love to keep some!
These gorgeous things are Campbells and Pekins….don't you just love their adorable duck house, with its cascade of rambling roses, which used to be an old outside 'privy' in the garden of Amanda's beautiful 'William and Mary' house.




Yes, I could be very tempted….we have a natural pond by our orchard…it would be perfect…and they could live in our old abandoned chicken house at night….mmm....I can feel a plan coming together!




Wishing you all a very happy Thursday!

Sophia xx


4 comments:

  1. I'd love ducks or hens, but I think the foxes around here would love them more!
    We often have ducks lay their eggs in the garden, but so far none have managed to hatch. Greedy foxes, bad bunnies - it's a jungle out there!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ducks here but I do love to watch them. If you have the pond I would go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable.


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. No ducks here either Sophia but we would love some Bantams running around. Apparently they love slugs and snails and don't destroy your borders.
    Quack, quack or cock a doodle doooo!

    ReplyDelete