Tuesday 2 January 2018








Happy happy 2018!

***

Good morning, and I do hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas?

Ours was particularly relaxing and calm this year, and it has left me feeling recharged and ready for the new year ahead, and excited to achieve various goals!

I have never been very fond of the term 'new year resolutions' but prefer the idea of 'new year intentions'....a far more positive approach I think!

Along with the usual fitness goals (aren't they on everyone's list at this time of year?!) and eating well (without our health, the rest can't happen)  I also intend to carry on trying to be ever more in the present and to not take anything for granted. To continue to be inquisitive about the world and to keep exploring (especially the road less travelled), but also to be mindful of life's wonderful simple pleasures that we surround ourselves with each day.  To continue to enjoy nature, my dogs, the sanctuary of home, the kindness and friendship of lovely friends and my wonderful family.  

My blog too means so much to me, because of the wonderful community of like minded readers who kindly log on to read and I have pledged to spend more time on it, so just to warn you, there will be far more regular posts!  I shall continue to write about our travels, places that interest me, our continuing evolving garden and also my beloved organic kitchen garden, and hopefully some delicious recipes.  Interiors and design, and perhaps a little fashion and beauty too.  Basically fun and interesting lifestyle topics that inspire me! Do let me know if there is anything in particular that you like to read about?

There is also an exciting new venture which I am working on for this year, and I look forward to revealing all in the coming weeks...stay tuned!

I am also very excited to say that for my next blog post I shall be reporting about the highlights of a trip to Australia, which Mr. W and I are making at the end of the week!  Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne are on our itinerary so I look forward to sharing my discoveries in these wonderful cities!  I shall of course be sharing my time there on Instagram, while I am there, so do follow if you are not already @sophiahomeandlifestyle

Do you have any 'new year intentions' for 2018?  I would love to hear from you!

Thank you so much for your continued readership, I can't tell you how much it means to me.  Wishing you all a very happy, fulfilling and above all, healthy new year ahead!

Sophia xxx 


2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Sophia! Yes I agree we have to enjoy life's simple pleasures. Have a wonderful and safe trip to beautiful Australia and enjoy our lovely warm weather! I am heading to New Zealand to explore in a few weeks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! It is a business trip for my husband, and it is lovely that I can accompany him. We are so looking forward to it! I do hope you have a fantastic trip to New Zealand in a few weeks! Happy New Year.....xx

      Delete